While your coverage depends on the plan you choose, certain things are always covered on plans sold on the Public Marketplace:
- Doctors visits, including well woman visits, care when you’re sick, and checkups to stay healthy
- Emergency room trips
- Hospital stays
- Care before and after your baby is born
- Mental health and substance abuse care
- Screening and counseling for domestic violence
- Screening and counseling for sexually transmitted infections and HPV
- Certain prescription drugs
- Contraceptive counseling and methods
- People and tools to help you get better when you’re hurt
- Lab tests
- Check-ups, shots, and tests to keep you from getting sick or to catch it early
- Pediatric care, like dental and vision checks, for kids
Plans through your employer or private plans you buy directly from us can also include these benefits.
Learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and its requirements.