On January 1–March 31 each year, you can make the following changes during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period.
- If you're on a Medicare Advantage plan (with or without drug coverage) you can switch to another Medicare Advantage plan (with or without drug coverage).
- You can disenroll from your Medicare Advantage plan and return to Original Medicare. If you choose to do so, you’ll be able to join a Medicare prescription drug plan.
During this Open Enrollment Period, you can't:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Join a Medicare prescription drug plan if you have Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare prescription drug plan to another if you have Original Medicare.
You can only make one change during this period, and any changes you make will be effective the first of the month after the health plan gets the request.