How can I sign up for Medicare Part A and Part B?

  • Apply online through the Social Security's website.
  • Visit your local Social Security office.
  • Call Social Security at (800) 772-1213, TTY (800) 352-0778 or 711.
  • Fill out the Application for Enrollment in Part B. Remember, you must already have Part A to apply for Part B.
  • If you're already receiving benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board (RRD), you're under age 65 and disabled, or you've been diagnosed with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease), you'll automatically receive your Medicare ID card in the mail.